Attleboro Municipal Council
- 7 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month
- City Hall
77 Park Street
Attleboro, MA 02703
- Mark J. Cooper, (Louis) (President) Ward 2
- 149 West Street (508-222-6294)
Committee on Budget and Appropriations
- James DiLisio, Chairperson At-Large (Kobus - Conti)
- 1400 Commerce Way (508-838-7328)
Committee on Capital Improvements and City Development
- Richard Conti, Chairperson At-Large (Dolan - Waterman)
- 100 Berwick Road (508-222-6662)
Committee on City Property and Claims
- Sara Lynn Reynolds, Chairperson Ward 1 (Blais - Holmes)
- 30 Oak Square (508-761-9778)
Committee on Licenses
- Laura Dolan, Chairperson Ward 5 (Jackson - Waterman)
- 29 Erika Way (774-306-6759)
Committee on Ordinances, Elections & Legislative Matters
- Diana Holmes, Chairperson Ward 6 (DeSimone - Jackson)
- 198 County Street (508-399-1746)
Committee on Personnel and Human Services
- Ty Waterman, Chairperson At-Large (Reynolds - Blais)
- 38 Dorchester Ave (508-455-1918)
Committee on Public Safety and Emergency Management
- Peter Blais, Chairperson At Large (Dilisio - Kobus)
- 50 Ridgewood Road (508-431-7230)
Committee on Public Works
- Kate M. Jackson, (Vice-President) Chairperson Ward 4 (Dolan - DeSimone)
- 93 Spruce Lane (508-455-2935)
Committee on Transportation and Traffic
- Cathleen DeSimone, Chairperson, Chairperson At-Large (Conti - Reynolds)
- 8 Northfield Road (508-399-1014)
Committee On Zoning and Land Use
- Todd Kobus, Chairperson Ward 3 (Holmes - Dilisio)
- 189 Clifton Street (508-952-0101)
As stated in our City Charter under Article 2, there shall be a municipal council of eleven members which shall exercise the legislative powers of the city. Six of these members, to be known as ward councilmen, shall be nominated and elected by and from the voters of each ward, one ward councilman to be elected from each of the six wards of the city. Five of these members, to be known as councilmen at large, shall be nominated and elected by and from the voters of the entire city.
Special Committee on Senior Tax
Special Committee on Senior Tax
Todd Kobus, James Dilisio, Peter Blais
Special Committee on Rules
Richard Conti, Laura Dolan, Cathleen DeSimone
Any voter shall be eligible to hold the office of councilman. A member of the municipal council shall, notwithstanding his removal from one ward of the city to another, continue to serve and to perform his duties during his term of office. The municipal council shall be the judge of the election and qualifications of its members. The terms of all councilmen shall be two years beginning the first Tuesday following the first Monday in January after their election, and until their successors are qualified.
Mark J. Cooper is the current President of the Municipal Council and Kate Jackson is the Vice-President of the Municipal Council. City Clerk Stephen K. Withers serves as Clerk of the Municipal Council and Virginia Stuart is the Administrative Assistant to the Municipal Council.
Attleboro City Hall is located at Government Center, 77 Park Street, Attleboro, MA. This building is handicap accessible and visitor parking is located in the rear parking lot. The Attleboro Municipal Council Office is located on the first floor of City Hall, adjacent to the Municipal Council Chambers. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Additional Meeting Information
The Attleboro Municipal Council meets in formal session on the first and third Tuesdays of the month beginning at 7 p.m., with the exception of July and August when we meet only on the third Tuesday. Council subcommittees meet on the second and fourth Tuesday at 7 p.m. Each councilor chairs one committee and serves on two other committees. Cable Channel 98 has a listing of our council meetings. Regular and committee council meetings are televised.