Attleboro Municipal Council
- 7 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month
- City Hall
77 Park Street
Attleboro, MA 02703
- Frank B. Cook, (Sandra) Council President, Ward 3
- 32 Division Street (Home 508-222-0189)
- Sara Lynn Reynolds, Ward 1 Committee on City Property and Claims
- 30 Oak Square (Home 508-761-9778)
- Mark J. Cooper (Louis), Council Vice-President, Ward 2 Committee on
- Personnel and Human Services 149 West Street (Home 508-222-6294)
- Kate M. Jackson, Ward 4 Committee on Public Works
- 93 Spruce Lane (Home 508-455-2935)
- Shannon M. Heagney, Ward 6 Committee on Budget and Appropriations
- 5 Gregory Drive (Home 508-222-2595)
- Heather J. Porreca (Edward), At Large Committee on Transportation and Traffic
- 9 Gustin Avenue (Cell Phone 508-736-9061
- James J. DiLisio, At Large Committee on Ordinances, Elections 7 Legislative Matters
- 100 Commerce Way Unit 18 (Cell Phone 508-838-7328)
- Julie A. Hall, At Large Committee On Zoning and Land Use
- 140 North Main Street 4D (Home 508-455-5813)
- Peter Blais (Beverly), At Large Committee on Public Safety and Emergency Management
- 50 Ridgewood Road (Home 508-431-7230)
- Richard Conti (Martha), At Large Committee on Capital Improvements and City Development
- 100 Berwick Road (Home 508-222-6662)
As stated in our City Charter under Article 2, there shall be a municipal council of eleven members which shall exercise the legislative powers of the city. Six of these members, to be known as ward councilmen, shall be nominated and elected by and from the voters of each ward, one ward councilman to be elected from each of the six wards of the city. Five of these members, to be known as councilmen at large, shall be nominated and elected by and from the voters of the entire city.
Any voter shall be eligible to hold the office of councilman. A member of the municipal council shall, notwithstanding his removal from one ward of the city to another, continue to serve and to perform his duties during his term of office. The municipal council shall be the judge of the election and qualifications of its members. The terms of all councilmen shall be two years beginning the first Tuesday following the first Monday in January after their election, and until their successors are qualified.
Mr. Frank B. Cook is the current President of the Municipal Council and Mr. Jeremy Denlea is the Vice-President of the Municipal Council. City Clerk Stephen K. Withers serves as Clerk of the Municipal Council and Ken Owens is the Administrative Assistant to the Municipal Council.
Attleboro City Hall is located at Government Center, 77 Park Street, Attleboro, MA. This building is handicap accessible and visitor parking is located in the rear parking lot. The Attleboro Municipal Council Office is located on the first floor of City Hall, adjacent to the Municipal Council Chambers. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Additional Meeting Information
The Attleboro Municipal Council meets in formal session on the first and third Tuesdays of the month beginning at 7 p.m., with the exception of July and August when we meet only on the third Tuesday. Council subcommittees meet on the second and fourth Tuesday at 7 p.m. Each councilor chairs one committee and serves on two other committees. Cable Channel 98 has a listing of our council meetings. Regular and committee council meetings are televised.