- Feature Links
- Attleboro High School Project
Attleboro High School Project
The City of Attleboro is building a new high school. After nearly 3 years of planning and advocacy, Attleboro voters decided by a 2:1 margin on 3 April 2018 to approve a debt exclusion and temporarily raise taxes for a total of 36 years to pay for the construction of the new high school and the demolition of the old high school.
The City entered into a "Project Funding Agreement" with the Massachusetts School Building Authority in the Spring of 2018. This PFA locks the City and the State into a partnership to pay for and build our new high school. As a result, the size, scope and location of the school are locked into a contractual agreement.
After one year of extensive site planning and design development beginning in 2018, this project is expected to require 4 years of construction commencing in the fall of 2019, and then there will be 6-9 months of phased demolition to the old school. A seventh grade student in the academic year from September 2017 to June 2018 will be the first to graduate from the new Attleboro High School in 2023.
School Building Committee Meeting Dates
The School Building Committee meetings are held in the Frances Zito Conference Room located at 1 Blue Pride Way, Attleboro, MA 02703
Per Governor Baker’s order suspending certain provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c.30A. Sec.20, the public will not be allowed to physically access the SBC meeting but can access the meeting via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89402321624
Meetings can be streamed on DoubleACS or streamed/viewed later on DoubleACS' YouTube page.
March 15, 2023 5:30 pm - Zito Conference Room (new AHS, see above address)
April 19, 2023 5:30 pm - Zito Conference Room
Update on Feasibility Process
On December 6, 2017 the School Building Committee voted to authorize Skanska, USA, the Owner's Project Manager, to submit the Schematic Design materials to the Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA) on behalf of the Attleboro School District. Details of the vote may be found in the December 6, 2017 meeting minutes. SBC Minutes
Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA)
- Statement of Interest-February 2014
- MSBA Board Action Letter-November 2015
- Feasibility Study Agreement-November 2015
- MSBA 963 CMR 2.00 – Grant Program
- MSBA Module 3 and MSBA Module 4
- Attleboro High School Educational Program-November 2016
- Attleboro High School Chapter 74 Programming DESE Submission
- MSBA PDP Narrative Summary-November 2013
- MSBA PDP Submission (Full) -March 2017
Owners Project Manager-Skanska, Inc. Architect- Kaestle Boos, Inc.
- Module 3A Design Alternatives-January 2017
- Module 3B Design Alternatives Current-May 2017
- Preferred Schematic Report- June 2017
- AHS Front Entrance Drawing- February 2018
- MSBA Module 4 Schematic Design- January 2018