March 24, 2021 2:53 PM
FY2022 Revaluation and Certification of Real Estate and Personal Property
BOARD OF ASSESSORS
77 Park Street Attleboro, MA 02703
Fiscal Year 2022 Revaluation and Certification
of Real and Personal Property
Important Notice to Attleboro Taxpayers:
The City of Attleboro has begun work on the 2022 revaluation of real and personal property. The revaluation process will take place from April -July.
As part of the revaluation process, appraisers from Northeast Revaluation Services, LLC will conduct field reviews which include taking pictures of property and reviewing property tax records. ALL INSPECTORS ARE REGISTERED WITH THE ATTLEBORO POLICE DEPARTMENT AND WILL CARRY ATTLEBORO IDENTIFICATION WHEN PERFORMING THEIR DUTIES.
If you have any questions or concerns about the inspectors or the process, please contact the City of Attleboro Assessor’s Office @ 508-223-2222 ext. 3131 or visit www.cityofattleboro.us/151/Assessors-Office
PLEASE KNOW THAT
• Revaluation could result in a change to the assessed value of your property. At the conclusion of this process, new assessment values will be publicly available for review.
• Property inspections may include an interior verification of data such as bedroom and bathroom counts, physical quality of construction (grade) and current condition, as well as an exterior measurement to verify square footage of living space and additional improvements such as garages, sheds, pools, and barns.
• Inspectors will not enter a home without permission or when there is not an adult resident (18+ years old) present.
• Inspectors will maintain six feet or more of social distancing from property owners and residents and will wear face masks at all times during an inspection.
• A property owner may deny the inspectors entry but should be aware that incorrect data can negatively affect the property assessment.
• If a property owner is not home or does not answer the door, the inspector will place a notice on the door instructing the property owner to contact the Board of Assessors.
• Revaluation is required by Massachusetts General Law and the Attleboro Board of Assessors appreciates your patience and understanding.