Summer Swimming Pools
The Recreation Department provides aquatic services for two city-owned pools and the state-owned George I. Spatcher Memorial Pool. City owned pools are the Fred E. Briggs Memorial Pool (East Side) and Twin Village Pool (Dodgeville).
Per state guidelines related to Covid-19 we are limited to 50% of our standard capacity this summer. This and other Covid-19 requirements related to Contact Tracing, Social Distancing and Health & Hygiene limits our ability to open all public pools in the city this summer. Therefore, the Twin Village Pool will not be open. We do plan to open Twin Village again next summer.
Please Note The Following As A Partial List Of Requirements This Summer:
According to the CDC, there currently is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in the pool. Proper operation and maintenance of these facilities should inactivate the virus in the water.
As of today Massachusetts is in Phase IV, Step I of the COVID-19 Guidelines. In addition to these guidelines we have added some local guidelines in order to help keep our patrons safe. Subject to change per updated guidelines.
- Only Attleboro residents may use the Briggs Pool Proof of residency is required for entry.
- Only Massachusetts residents may use the Spatcher Pool. Proof of residency is required for entry.
- All employees & visitors shall be asked a series of health screening questions prior to entry.
- All visitors must give name, address and phone number for contact tracing purposes.
- Pools are limited to 50% capacity thus we may be required to stop allowing individuals once we hit capacity.
- We guarantee all visitors 2 hours in the facility. We maintain the right to ask patrons to leave after 2 hours if other patrons are waiting to get in. Note: this happened on only a few occasions during last years pool season.
- Face coverings shall be worn except when in the water.
- Lifeguards must wear a face covering when out of the water if 6’ social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Social distancing of 6’ between individuals shall be adhered to both in and out of the pool.
- No food or drink is allowed in the facility. The only exception is bottled water / water bottles.
- Patrons will be allowed to bring their own lounge chairs in 2021. This is a much welcomed change from 2020.
- No balls, inflatables or other toys.
- Goggles and diving masks are allowed.
- Pool users may bring PFD’s (Personal Flotation Devices) that are US Coast Guard approved.
- Opening Day: Tuesday June 29, 2021
- Closing Day: Friday August 20, 2021
The pools are open daily 11:00am to 6:00pm.
July 3rd & 4th - All pools close at 4:00pm.
Day and season passes must be purchased to gain entry to the pools and are only available at the pools. Passes must be visibly worn while present and need to be shown at each visit to gain entry.
Attleboro residents may purchase a season pass allowing access to both pools. State residents may purchase a season pass good for the Spatcher Pool. For the summer of 2021 the Briggs Pool is open only to Attleboro residents and the Spatcher Pool only to Massachusetts residents.
Family passes are for immediate family members living in the same household only and a maximum of 6 family members. For families requiring more than six passes the individual rate applies for subsequent passes.
Attleboro Resident rates listed include use of both pools under the care of the Recreation Department. Massachusetts residents may use the Spatcher Pool and pay the Massachusetts resident rate.
Lifeguards are on duty daily and have the authority to implement departmental policies. Lifeguards have the right to ask patrons to leave if the rules and regulations are not followed.
Children Under The Age of 12Per state regulations children under the age of 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult and should not be left unattended at any time in the pool area.
Baby swim diapers are mandatory. No disposable or cloth diapers are allowed. Proper swim attire must be worn, no cut-off shorts or T-shirts are allowed.
|Fred E. Briggs Memorial Swimming Pool||36 East Street|
|George I. Spatcher Memorial Pool||79 North Avenue|
|Twin Village Swimming Pool (Dodgeville)||700 South Main Street|