September 28, 2022 12:00 PM
Outdoor Water Restrictions Revised September 28, 2022
MANDATORY WATER BAN – Level 2
Effective 5:00 PM – September 20, 2022
The following restriction is in effect beginning on Tuesday, September 20, 2022, at 5:00 PM.
OUTDOOR WATER USE IS NOT ALLOWED BETWEEN 9AM AND 5PM, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. THIS INCLUDES:
- LAWN WATERING OF ANY KIND, EITHER BY IRRIGATION SYSTEM OR HANDHELD HOSE. THIS ALSO INCLUDES FLOWER GARDENS.
- CAR, DRIVEWAY, OR HOUSE WASHING (ALLOWED IF WATER IS PURCHASED FROM A LOCATION/VENDOR OUTSIDE OF ATTLEBORO)
- POOL FILLING (WATER MUST BE PURCHASED FROM A LOCATION/VENDOR OUTSIDE OF ATTLEBORO)
- PLAY SPRINKLERS AND SLIP AND SLIDES
- PLEASE NOTE: ALL ABOVE USES ARE ALLOWED AFTER 5PM OR BEFORE 9AM.
WATER USES STILL PERMITTED AT ANY TIME OF DAY:
- HAND WATERING OF VEGETABLE GARDENS
- WATERING OF LIVESTOCK
- WATER USE ESSENTIAL TO THE OPERATION OF A BUSINESS
- WELL WATER USE- MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED AND VISIBLE FROM THE STREET. MAILBOXES ARE A GOOD PLACEMENT FOR THIS SIGNAGE.
These restrictions are in effect until further notice. This restriction is an Operational and Conservation measure. Residents are encouraged to conserve indoor water use as much as possible as well. For more information, please contact the Water Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 774-203-1850.
CITY OF ATTLEBORO - MUNICIPAL ORDINANCE
16-12.24 Water Emergency
a. In the event of a shortage of potable water due to drought or other adverse conditions and/or malfunction of the pumping equipment or other major appurtenances of the water system, the Mayor may declare an emergency to protect the public health, safety and welfare. The Mayor may restrict, curtail or prohibit the use of water for lawn sprinkling, car washing, the filling of swimming pools and other uses of water deemed by the Mayor to be nonessential while the emergency is in effect.
b. Violators of the Ordinance shall be liable to a fine of Twenty-five ($25.00) Dollars for the first offense, Fifty ($50.00) Dollars for the second offense and Two Hundred ($200.00) Dollars for each additional offense, said penalty to be assessed in accordance with the provisions for the non-criminal disposition of Violations in General Laws, Chapter 40, Section 21D as amended. Each day shall be considered a separate violation.