COVID-19 reminder. The US has a new high average daily number of new Covid cases. Locally we are also exceeding new cases higher than anytime in the past. Omicron is very quick to spread but fortunately it doesn’t hit as hard as the Delta variant.
Vaccinated people can still get this although the vaccine helps reduce the severity of the symptoms. We know that because more than 95% of hospitalizations are of people who are unvaccinated.
Remember to do 9 common sense things to help reduce the spread of this virus from person to person.
- Wear a mask - your mask protects others; the mask of others protects you
- Socially distance
- Avoid large crowds
- Wash your hands
- Be mindful of cross-contamination
- don’t succumb to Covid fatigue - we are all tired of this
- get tested if you feel like you have common cold symptoms
- avoid people if you feel like you have symptoms or are Covid+
- get vaccinated.
If you need further guidance on COVID-19, please call the Attleboro Health Department at 508-223-2222 extension 3241, contact your primary care physician, contact the local hospital, or go to urgent care.